12 Amazing Beaches in Tuscany
Italy is a truly breathtaking location – and with everything that Tuscany alone has to offer, it’s not hard to see why Italian getaways are so popular among holidaymakers around the globe. You may come for Renaissance art and architecture, perhaps you’re interested in immersing yourself in the Tuscan lifestyle, or visiting Chianti vineyards and wineries instead. Whatever you hope to do, holidays in Tuscany have so much potential.
The often neglected coast
Most people know and love this region for its history, art, culture and wine; in fact, the list goes on and on. But you could easily explore a whole new side of this stunning destination and enjoy your own Tuscan adventure by the sea without looking back. Here are 12 beaches that we’re certain you’ll want to check out during your time here in this breathtaking part of Italy:
- Arenella – This beautiful little beach on the Island of Giglio is sure to remind you of the Caribbean and it’s a perfect spot to get away from the rest of the world for a while
- Cala del Gesso – Argentario has several beaches, but most will agree that this is one of the most beautiful. This pebble beach is well worth a visit simply because it has some of the best views of the sea in the region
- Cala Rossa – Situated on the southernmost tip of the Island of Capraia, this beach is perfect for snorkelers and photographers (as well as anyone who loves great views and a Mediterranean climate!)
- Cala Violina – Located within the lush Nature Reserve of Bandite di Scarlino in Maremma, this beautiful, quaint little beach is definitely worth checking out, even if it is only accessible by foot
- Cavoli – Located in Marina di Campo, this picturesque beach has so many amazing views that you’ll want to capture in a photograph, although we’re sure you’d never forget them
- Cinquale – There’s an amazing beach club in this area, so if you’re hoping to relax and enjoy a little luxury during your day out, it’s well worth paying a visit to Cinquale
- Forte dei Marmi – This is easily one of the most popular beaches in Versilia, most likely due to its lively nightlife and beauty during the day
- Golfo di Baratti – With unspoilt nature and Etruscan and Roman ruins nearby, this beach offers more than just a quiet day by the shore
- Marina di Massa – Marina di Massa offers its visitors plenty to see and do, which is one of the main reasons why it’s become such a popular beach in recent years
- Quercianella – This tourist resort has stretched, gravel beaches, lush greenery and silent coves – all of which certainly make it an interesting place to explore
- Lido di Camaiore – This is another great beach located in Versilia is Lido di Camaiore. Golden sand, stunning views of the Apuan Alps and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby make it the perfect place for a day by the sea
- Sansone, Porto Ferraio – Found on the northern coast of the Island of Elba, this picturesque white beach is breathtaking and better yet, it’s quite the hidden gem
Experience the many wonders of the region with Tours of Tuscany
Looking for the best tours in Tuscany? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
We aim to provide our guests with the most authentic and immersive experience possible during our day tours of Tuscany, taking care of all your needs and creating jam-packed itineraries. Interested in adventure tours in Siena or Chianti wine tours instead of simply enjoying the beaches during your trip? We’ve got you covered. Unsure of where to stay in Tuscany, or how to get around the region? It’s all sorted before you even arrive.
The best Tuscan day trips come from travel agencies that are experienced, dedicated and passionate about their work, and we feel that this is the very reason why so many people choose our small group tours of Tuscany.
If you want to find out more, check out some of our Tuscan tours and be sure to get in touch with a member of our team if you have any questions – we’d be happy to help.