How to Decide On Where to Stay In Tuscany
If you’re planning on visiting Tuscany next year, you should have an idea of where you want to stay. From the town that will serve as the base of your trip, to the type of accommodation on offer; there are certainly a few things to think about.
If you haven’t quite made a decision yet, there’s no need to worry – we’re here to help. Choosing the perfect place can be essential to your Italian getaways, so let’s take a quick look at your options to see what will be best suited to your needs.
Accommodation in Tuscany
A vital part of planning a holiday is choosing your ideal accommodation. The good news is that, since Tuscany is such a beloved destination, there will be a wide variety of options available. The only downside to this is that it may take a bit of time and effort to sort through some of the different ones out there.
In general, your best bet is to take some time to consider what you’d like from your trip. For example, if you are more interested in Tuscan wine tours, you might want to choose an apartment near some of the fantastic Chianti vineyards. Alternatively, if you’re looking for more luxurious holidays in Tuscany, it might be a good idea to search for a more high-end villa instead. For the most part, understanding what you want will go a long way toward finding your perfect place to stay.
With a little bit of research, it shouldn’t be too difficult – allowing you to make the most of your Tuscan adventure right from the start.
What are the best destinations in Tuscany for holidays?
Just like with accommodation, you’ll find that there are plenty of great options for towns and villages to stay in, too. To give you yet another helping hand, we thought it would be a good idea to introduce you to some of the region’s most popular destinations, such as:
- Arezzo – With its stunning scenery and fascinating history, it’s plain to see why Arezzo is a great choice for many visitors. There are also numerous great landmarks here too, such as the Episcopal Palace and the Roman amphitheatre
- Chianti – If you’re interested in Tuscan tours with a focus on wine and its production, it might be worth considering Chianti as one of your top picks. With several vineyards and exceptional wines to try, it’s a perfect region for any connoisseur
- Cortona – While there are many charming towns located in Arezzo, one that we think you might like to visit in particular is Cortona. Ancient stone walls, an abundance of sunflowers and excellent views over the surrounding valley make it a truly beautiful place to stay
- San Gimignano – One of the most famous hilltop towns in Tuscany, this beautiful part of Siena is just perfect for anyone who wants the chance to experience the Tuscan lifestyle. So many people love San Gimignano tours, and we’re sure that you’ll understand why after a visit
- Volterra – Another excellent hilltop town that you might want to check out is Volterra. Thanks to its rich history, you’ll find structures that date back to Etruscan, Roman and Medieval periods in this small town. There’s a lot more to love about the area besides this, too
While these are just 5 examples of places you could stay, they certainly are worthwhile!
Why not let Tours of Tuscany take care of your trip?
Booking a holiday to Tuscany in 2021 may seem like a whole lot of stress, but if you find a good tour group, you could make the process so much simpler. If you’d like to let a team of reputable regional experts take care of your holiday, you’ve come to the right place. With everything we have to offer, from exciting activities to luxurious accommodation, we’re certain that you’ll enjoy our Italy tours.
We strive for perfection and it’s our goal to give you the best possible experience. If you’re interested to find out more about our tours and what we could do for you, please feel free to get in touch with our team. We will be more than happy to assist you!