How to Plan a Romantic Holiday in Tuscany
When it comes to having a romantic Italian getaway, there’s nowhere better to stay than Tuscany. If you look into just a few of the things that this stunning location has to offer, you’re sure to see why it is such a popular destination for weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries and any event focused on feelings of romance and love.
No matter where you look in this part of Italy, you’ll find beauty that will leave you and your partner in awe. Everything about this location simply sparks feelings of warmth and love, and creates the perfect atmosphere for two people to feel closer together. In many ways, the only thing that you’ll need to experience the romantic side of Tuscany is a feeling of love within you! The charming towns, breathtaking scenery, fantastic dining opportunities and more are all secondary to this – although it’s these things (and much more) that make Tuscany such an excellent destination for romance.
Finding the inspiration to create the ideal getaway
Every part of this region is simply perfect for these types of trips – but because of this, it might be worth considering some of the different options, so that you can tailor yours to your specific wants and needs. Here are just a few questions that you might want to ask yourself, as well as our suggestions on what might be the best choice.
What would make your holiday truly special?
You could centre your trip around a more specific theme, rather than just doing whatever comes to mind. Planning everything out beforehand is often a great idea, unless you’re coming on a tour with us, since we’ll take care of that for you. Here are a few of the things that you could base your romantic getaway around:
Wine and food – One of the most popular options for people looking for a romantic holiday (or anyone visiting Tuscany for that matter) is to try a range of fine wines and partake in as many dining experiences as possible. It’s not surprising that this is so common among visitors, considering the amazing food and drinks that are made here
Culture and tradition – Take the time to wander through the ancient streets, try local Italian delicacies, see the sights and take part in the festivals and events
Castles and historic beauty – While culture and history are closely linked, they’re distinct enough from each other that the one you focus on can make all the difference to your getaway. There are many great castles here that you’re going to want to explore, as well as excellent museums and historic sites
What areas should you consider checking out?
There are so many wonderful destinations all around Tuscany for you to explore – and sadly, you probably won’t have the time to visit them all and take in everything that they have to offer. It could help you out immensely to do a little research, to ensure that you pick the right spots. Here are just 4 of your options:
- Chianti – The Chianti region is an absolutely excellent place to visit if you want to try some of the region’s finest wines, visit local vineyards and explore authentic wineries! Not only that, but the area itself is just beautiful, so you really won’t want to miss out on adding it to your list of places to visit
- Cortona – Cortona has long been a favourite among locals of the region and if you come for a visit, you’re likely to see why. From the quaint shops with art, jewellery and food products, to the beauty of the town itself; there’s a lot to love about this location
- Florence – Art, history, culture and stunning vistas are all just waiting for you here in Florence. This city is well known for its cobblestone streets and beautiful architecture – as well as the amazing foods, museums, art galleries, shops and much more
- Pienza – This picturesque town is a true gem, home to some fantastic Renaissance buildings and ancient towns and streets. Why not lose yourself exploring the Via dell’Amore (Street of Love) with your significant other while you’re there?
What things are there to see and do?
Aside from having an overall idea of what you want, it might be worth picking out a few additional things that would make your trip more special. Here are just 10 great options:
- Go on a vespa tour around the streets of Siena (or any area that you’re visiting)
- Take a few moments to enjoy the views, particularly in stunning areas like Volterra and San Gimignano
- Spend some time at the island of Elba – here, you can go scuba diving, relax on the beach, or even try traditional seafood dishes
- Go hiking in the Apuan Alps
- Travel through Val d’Orcia
- Go horseback riding
- Enjoy the region’s hot springs (like Saturnia, for example)
- Take a traditional Tuscan cooking class
- Go truffle hunting (best in autumn)
- See the sunset together (perfect for wherever you visit)
What’s even better is that you could enjoy many of these things all in the same trip if you come on a tour with us, as we’ve carefully planned out our itineraries to fit a variety of great activities suited to different tastes!
For a romantic getaway you’ll remember for a lifetime, get in touch with our team
For a great trip that you and your partner will remember for a lifetime, you might want to consider coming along with Tours of Tuscany. We strive for perfection, doing everything we can to ensure that each and every guest leaves with precious memories that they’ll hold dear to their heart. You can trust us to take care of your special trip in one of the most romantic places in the world, giving you the time and space you need to explore, relax and enjoy each other’s company. So, why not take a closer look at what we could do for your vacation?