Is it Worth Coming to Tuscany this Summer?
With everything that’s gone on in the world, you might be wondering if it’s the right time to go on holiday. Luckily for anyone who’s desperate for Italian getaways this year, Tuscany could be the perfect place for you. Offering so much beauty and culture to immerse yourself in, it’s simply one of the best options out there.
What do you need to know before going on summer holidays in 2021?
COVID-19 may have made things more difficult for many of us, but the situation is certainly starting to improve. With only light restrictions in many parts of the country, you could have the perfect trip despite the complications the pandemic has presented.
What rules and regulations will you have to follow?
Here’s just a quick and simple breakdown of some of the restrictions currently in place in Tuscany that you might want to keep in mind:
- Keep a safe distance from others and avoid crowded areas
- You don’t need to wear a mask outdoors, although they should be worn indoors and in heavily populated places
- Public transport is operating with up to 50% capacity and venues will only allow a limited number of people to come inside at a time
Of course, outside of this, it’s always best to practice the usual safety rules. Whether you’re on holiday or not, it’s always best to frequently wash your hands, keep your distance from people and avoid contact with others.
There are a variety of things that you won’t have to worry about during your stay. For example, there are no time restrictions for travel, and most venues are open to the public. An especially appealing benefit for those visiting during the hottest months of the year is that beaches are open and available to anyone.
Why go on holidays in Tuscany this summer?
As we mentioned earlier, one of the reasons why Tuscany is a great choice is because of its rich culture and breathtaking beauty, but there is so much more on offer. Here are some of the aspects that you should keep in mind if you’re not sure about booking a holiday to Tuscany in 2021:
- Whatever you plan to do, the fantastic landscapes that you’ll see all around the region, from the rolling hills to the beautiful waters, are sure to add something special to your trip
- There are a wide variety of incredible, world-famous destinations for you to visit during your stay; from Siena, to Florence
- Within larger areas, there are also many towns and villages to explore, like San Gimignano, Chianti and Cortona to name just a few
- Italy is well known for its delicious food and wine – and Tuscany is no exception. In fact, there are several dishes and bottles that are exclusive to this region
- The Tuscan lifestyle, history and traditions are all likely to play a role in your stay, even if you don’t go out of your way to look for them, giving you the chance to truly immerse yourself in the cultural beauty of Italy
While these certainly aren’t all the reasons why Tuscany is a great holiday destination (we didn’t even get into the beaches!), they’re certainly a few good examples why so many people choose to come here year after year.
Hoping to get the most out of your Tuscan adventure?
There’s simply so much to love about this part of Italy – and as a team of regional experts who have provided countless tours throughout this destination, we’re confident that you’ll love it here too.
Here at Tours of Tuscany, we aim to provide each guest with the best possible experience of the region. Whether it’s your first time here and you’re looking for a good introduction, or you fancy a more laid-back trip with everything taken care of for you, we’re here to help.
We’d love to give you a taste of Tuscany tours and everything that they have to offer – and with our experience in the region (and the industry as a whole), you can rest assured that we’ll leave you satisfied.
Whether you want Tuscany tours from Siena or a chance to visit the incredible Chianti vineyards, we’ve certainly got something for you.