A Tuscan Adventure
A Tuscan Adventure
If the idea of traversing the stunning Tuscan terrain under the sun appeals to you, look no further than our exhilarating Tuscan Adventure tour. For 7 days, you’ll be exploring the local towns, cycling across the region and taking in all that this beautiful location has to offer.
This trip has been carefully designed with the adrenaline-lover in mind.
Not only will you have the chance to explore the breath-taking scenery in the region; you’ll enjoy a multitude of lunches and dinners, fine wine from local producers and many opportunities to ingratiate yourself into the Tuscan way of life.
Part adventure, part relaxation – you’ll undoubtedly love taking to the walkways for a guided tour or two, before mounting a Vespa and travelling the length and breadth of some of the most historic towns in the country.
Whether you’re a fan of the great outdoors, if you want to get your adrenaline pumping, or if you like the idea of a unique, activity-based holiday; we’re sure that you’ll love your time with us.
Not only will you get to stay in our world-class, fully renovated Italian farmhouse; you’ll be in a position that so many of our guests have enjoyed over the years – and that’s being able to experience first-hand what it’s like to be a local in Tuscany.
We are currently taking bookings for this trip and would love to offer advice and information if needed; so why not get in touch with our friendly team today?
Your Tuscan adventure is just a short distance away; imagine the cool breeze running through your clothes and the sun on your shoulders as you explore all that this fabled region has to offer.
Contact Us for 2023 Dates
7 Days - A Tuscan Adventure
An exciting week of adventure awaits. To get things underway, we’ll collect you from the local station and will transport you to your new home for the next 7 days. You’ll have the afternoon to settle into your new surroundings. To keep your energy levels high, we’ll travel into Cortona where you’ll get to enjoy a mouth-watering Italian meal and a pleasant evening.
“In the morning, we’ll head back into Cortona to further immerse you in the Tuscan lifestyle. You’ll be treated to a fresh coffee followed by a walking tour of the area – allowing you to take note of the landmarks, local stores and historic buildings. We’ll then head to a local trattoria for a bite to eat – and you’ll get to choose from a range of traditionally-made Italian dishes. We’re sure that you’ll want to get back to exploring the town as soon as possible – and you’ll have plenty of free time to do exactly this after lunch. You can choose to stay in Cortona until dinner, or you can travel back with us to your accommodation at 4pm. Whatever you decide, we’ll be back in Cortona to prepare for your evening meal, complete with locally produced wine from Italian suppliers.
For dinner, you’ll be treated to a traditional aperitivo in the iconic Piazza, followed by tantalising dinner to fill your stomach and prepare you for tomorrow’s adventures”
We have an exciting trek along part of the Fracigena planned for today and at 9am, we’ll head to our starting point where you can meet and greet your guide. To keep your energy up, you’ll be pleased to hear that lunch is included and we’ll be starting the trek across the beautiful scenery at 10am. By the middle of the afternoon we’ll head back to the villa where you can enjoy some time by the pool, or relax in your apartment until dinner. We’ll then enjoy a tasty meal from the comfort of the villa complex, have a glass or two of locally produced wine and prepare for tomorrows’ adventures.
Siena & San Gimignano.
Famed for its expansive vineyards, wineries and historic landmarks; we’ll be heading into the fabled town of Chianti for a day of enjoyment. Our first stop will be Castellina, where you’ll enjoy a locally produced coffee and have the opportunity to get to grips with all that the town has to offer. For food, we have an extended lunch planned, as well as a wine tasting session at the world-famous Querceto di Castellina Winery. You’ll also be able to pick up ingredients for your own dinner before we head back.
o get your Wednesday off to a flying start, we’ll be visiting Pienza – a town that effortlessly blends tradition and excitement. We have a lot ahead of us, so be sure to enjoy breakfast for the energy. We’ll embark on an exciting Vespa tour of the local area at 10am, where your guide will take you to the most prolific landmarks, starting in Pienza, through the streets and much more. For lunch, we’ll visit the famous Montepulciano, where you can take in the sights and unwind after the exhiliration of your Vespa adventure. We’ll head back to your accommodation in the late afternoon, allowing you time to take a dip in the pool, relax before your evening meal – or take a breathtaking walk around your local surroundings. To delve even deeper into the Tuscan way of life, we’ll be heading to Cortona to enjoy the most famous Italian dish known to mankind – pizza!
We’ll pick you up from your accommodation at 9am to begin our journey to one of the most famous parts of Tuscany – Lake Trasimeno. Rather than driving, you’ll be excited to learn that we’ll be cycling instead – allowing you to really get to grips with your Tuscan adventure. Be sure to bring a camera for photos of your travels, as there will be some pretty stunning sights to behold. You’ll be taken around the lake, where you’ll get to take in the scenery, traverse the terrain and explore the region on two wheels before having lunch. With your appetite undoubtedly ready for a meal, we’ll then head into Cortona to sit down and partake of the local cuisine, where you’ll get to enjoy the rest of your evening.
To celebrate your last full day with us, we’ll keep this time open for you to take part in an extra activity, visit Cortona, or be dropped off at the local station for your own adventurous experience. We’ll then get you back to your accommodation in time to enjoy a traditional aperitivo and then a meal with wine to prepare you for your trip back home.
In the morning, we will take you back to the station personally to wish you well and hope that your Tuscan adventure was everything that you hoped for and more.
What is Included
7 Days - A Tuscan Adventure
- Experience Tuscan life first hand with a 7 night stay in our villa
- Our bilingual hosts & tour leaders will be on hand throughout the tour to assist you
- Experience excitingly adventurous day tours revolving around your enjoyment
- We provide all breakfasts, as well as provisions in your apartment
- This trip includes no less than 5 tantalising lunches – perfect for your energy levels as you explore
- 6 dinners with wine are included – all of which will take place at a local trattoria
- Your vespa tour will include a guide, a helmet for yourself and a passenger (if you opt to have one)
- Explore the stunning walkways of Cortona & Via Francigena on foot
- Your cycling tour will include a helmet, a trained guide and options for an eBike
- Enjoy wine tasting sessions at local establishments and family-run vineyards
- All of your travel will be looked after by us as detailed on your itinerary
- We’ll take you to the local station for any days where you don’t have a tour
- We can transport you to and from the station when you arrive and depart
- On a tour-free day, we can take you directly into Cortona for your own exploration.
- Please be sure to check your airfare tickets and documentation are valid before planning your travels
- You might want to take out travel insurance to cover yourself financially during your visit
- Any entry fees to landmarks and attractions will be your responsibility to cover
- You’ll need to cover the cost of any additional meals, snacks and beverages outside of those that we provide
- Your personal expenses are your responsibility to cover in all cases
Il Mandorlo, Fratticciola
Il Mandorlo is a rural house dating back to the 17th Century which has been restored in keeping with its original shape and materials. It is located in the valley ‘Val di Chiana’ nearby the historical centre of Cortona.
The house is divided into five apartments with all modern facilities including air conditioning and WI-FI. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the infinity swimming pool provides a panoramic view of the historical centre of Cortona and surrounding valley.
Set in a quiet location but close enough to the main roads which connect to all the well-known historical cities and villages.
It is an image of rolling hills, vineyards, age-old trees, golden wheat in Spring, Sunflowers in Summer and the constantly changing shades of the earth.
Accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking.
7 Days - Cycling in Tuscany
The tour begins near the historical centre of Cortona. Upon arrival we will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Cortona is located 2.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Rome (Roma Termini) and 1.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Florence (Santa Maria Novella).
Train Travel to the Villa
If you are already in Italy connection to either Roma Termini or Firenze Santa Maria Novella train stations is easily accessible via other train stations.
Either of these two major cities are a good option for your arrival into Italy and then travel to our location. We will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Arrival from Rome Airport:
- Take the Leonardo Express Train from Rome Airport to Roma Termini Train Station (This is a 30min journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 2.5hr journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
Arrival from Florence Airport:
- Take the bus that goes to Firenze Santa Maria Novella Train Station (This takes approximately 30mins and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 1.5hr journey and will cost approximately 13 Euro)