Tuscany on a Vespa
Tuscany on a Vespa
There’s no denying that Tuscany is one of the most beautiful parts of Italy, but even we’ll agree that there are some parts that are best enjoyed on the back of two wheels. With our Tuscany on a Vespa Tour – we’re sure that you’ll feel as exhilarated as you are satisfied.
With a highly trained and qualified guide, you’ll be taken on an exploration of the countryside, the streets of the local towns (including the iconic Cortona and the majestic Montepulciano), where you’ll get to savour the traditional tastes and enjoy the finest of wines.
Some of the landmarks on your trip date back to the early 13th Century, so for fans of ancient locations, traditional attractions and everything in between – this is the tour for you.
As if all of the above doesn’t sound exciting enough; you’ll also get to enjoy a world-class cooking lesson with an Italian chef, where you’ll get to create a 4 course meal and enhance your culinary skills in the process.
Your tour will also take you to the famous Lake Trasimeno, as well as allowing you to explore medieval towns, walk through vineyards, and capture stunning panoramic photos. If you’re worried about driving your moped, we can even have a driver take the handles on your behalf.
This exciting tour takes place every Saturday from the 4th of May until the 7th of September. You’ll need to book as a pair at the minimum to take advantage of this luxury trip; we also accept groups, making this tour ideal for families and friends, too.
TOUR DATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
7 Days - Tuscany on a Vespa
Whether you arrive at the station at half 3 or 5 in the afternoon, we’ll come and collect you and your belongings and take you to our villa. We’ll give you the afternoon to relax after your journey, and we’ll be ready to answer any questions you may have. At 7pm, we’ll head to the local town of Cortona for your first Italian meal in Tuscany.
“At half 9, we’ll be taking you into Cortona for the real start of your week here with us.
First things first, you’ll get to experience a Vespa tour through the streets of this historic town – and you’ll get to choose whether you go with or without a passenger. This is a great opportunity to see some of the many amazing sights of the town’s surrounding countryside. At 1pm, we’ll have a tasty lunch in one of the local eateries. After you’ve eaten, we’ll give you some time to relax for a couple of hours in the town and do a little exploration of your own on foot. You’ll get to ride back to your apartment on a Vespa, and once you’re back, you can spend your time however you please.
We’ll travel back to Cortona at 7pm for a tasty dinner with complementary wine, of course.”
“For the start of your next day here, we’ll visit one of the most ancient and iconic towns in Tuscany – San Gimignano
Before we give you some information on the area when we arrive, you’ll get to enjoy a fresh coffee. Afterwards, you can get a quick snack or lunch while exploring the town. Later, at 2pm, we’ll take a walking tour of the area before traveling down to Siena to meet with your tour guide. You’ll then get a chance to explore this stunning location in your own way – giving you the perfect chance to immerse yourself in Tuscan lifestyle. For your dinner today, we’ll provide you with a top quality meal in the town at around 6pm.”
Want to travel across Pienza and Montepulciano in a moped? Then you’ll be glad to hear that that’s exactly where we’ve planned your second Vespa tour of the trip. First, we’ll make a stop at a local farm, where you can learn more about the residents and their lifestyle. When it comes to the afternoon, we’ll be on our way back to the villas, where you can enjoy some of your own leisure time. After such an exciting day, you’ll probably be glad to hear that we’ll be taking you back into Cortona for a tasty meal and wine at 7pm.
“We’ll start the day off at 9:15am, heading over to the iconic Lake Trasimeno – one of the best places in Tuscany for a Vespa tour. At half 1, we’ll take you back to your apartment, so you can rest before the day’s next exciting activity; a traditional Tuscan Cooking Class. The lesson will begin at 3pm, and we’ll make sure that you get there on time!
For the experience, you’ll be under the guidance of a skilled chef, who you’ll get to enjoy the company of while you prepare and eat a 4 course Italian meal.”
“On Thursday, we’ll be traveling to the town of Chianti at 9 am to show you another side of Tuscan lifestyle. First of all when we arrive, we’ll make a stop in Castellina for a coffee and give you the chance to do a little exploration of the area.
Next, you’re in for a real treat, as you’re scheduled to have an extended lunch and wine tasting at the Querceto di Castellina Winery.”
Your last day here will be tour-free, so you’ll get to enjoy it in any way you like; whether that’s relaxing by the pool or doing some exploration of your own. We’ll also provide one last dinner, as well as an Italian Aperitivo beforehand, to give you a proper goodbye and thank you for the visit.
Finally, we’ll transport you and your belongings back to the station we picked you up from, with the hopes that this has been an experience you’ll keep with you for a lifetime.
What is Included
7 Days - Tuscany on a Vespa
- Enjoy 7 nights in our fully renovated, traditional Tuscan farm house
- Our bilingual hosts will be on hand throughout the tour to assist you
- You’ll get to enjoy carefully structured tours as detailed in your itinerary
- You will have breakfasts, as well as complementary provisions included in your apartment
- This tour includes 3 exciting lunches
- You will also get to partake of 6 luxury dinners, with wine included with your meals
- Your Vespa tours will include a helmet; your guide will be on hand to help
- This trip also includes an enjoyable guided walk in both Cortona and Siena
- A cooking lesson, which will be as exciting as it is informative
- You’ll get the chance to enjoy tantalising, locally produced wines at local vineyards and establishments
- We will take care of your travel to and from your accommodation as detailed on your itinerary
- For your tour-free day, we can transfer you to the local station
- We will collect you and drop you back off to the station when you arrive and depart
- You’ll also have the option to be taken into Cortona on your tour-free day
- You’ll need to book your flights in advance and ensure that you have all relevant documentation
- We advise that you take out travel insurance to avoid any potential risks
- You will be responsible for covering the cost of your entry fees to museums and other attractions
- Any meals outside of those listed as being provided by us in your itinerary will need to be paid for by you
- You’ll have to cover any costs relating to your personal expenditures
Il Mandorlo, Fratticciola
Il Mandorlo is a rural house dating back to the 17th Century which has been restored in keeping with its original shape and materials. It is located in the valley ‘Val di Chiana’ nearby the historical centre of Cortona.
The house is divided into five apartments with all modern facilities including air conditioning and WI-FI. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the infinity swimming pool provides a panoramic view of the historical centre of Cortona and surrounding valley.
Set in a quiet location but close enough to the main roads which connect to all the well-known historical cities and villages.
It is an image of rolling hills, vineyards, age-old trees, golden wheat in Spring, Sunflowers in Summer and the constantly changing shades of the earth.
Accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking.
7 Days - Tuscany on a Vespa
The tour begins near the historical centre of Cortona. Upon arrival we will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Cortona is located 2.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Rome (Roma Termini) and 1.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Florence (Santa Maria Novella).
Train Travel to the Villa
If you are already in Italy connection to either Roma Termini or Firenze Santa Maria Novella train stations is easily accessible via other train stations.
Either of these two major cities are a good option for your arrival into Italy and then travel to our location. We will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Arrival from Rome Airport:
- Take the Leonardo Express Train from Rome Airport to Roma Termini Train Station (This is a 30min journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 2.5hr journey and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
Arrival from Florence Airport:
- Take the bus that goes to Firenze Santa Maria Novella Train Station (This takes approximately 30mins and will cost approximately 15 Euro)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (This is a 1.5hr journey and will cost approximately 13 Euro)