Ideas for What to Do in Tuscany
Planning a holiday in Tuscany? Before you set off, it might be worth taking a little time to consider what you want to do during your visit to the region of Tuscany. Fortunately for you, there are a wide variety of options available – and better yet, our team here at Tours of Tuscany wants to help you to make the most out of your time here.
Quick list of the top 10 things to do in Tuscany, Italy:
- See some of the many amazing attractions in Florence
- Check out a wine map of Tuscany Italy and visit the Chianti vineyards
- Taste some of the incredible traditional foods across the region
- Go on your own San Gimignano tours and take in the beauty of the medieval hilltop town
- Take a break from your itinerary to enjoy the beauty of a town like Cortona
- If you visit during the colder months, relax in the hot springs Tuscany has in Saturnia
- Enjoy the scenery of the countryside in Tuscany
- See some of the incredible Siena attractions and landmarks
- Visit some of the traditional villages and immerse yourself in the Tuscan lifestyle
- Go on a day trip from Florence to Venice (or anywhere really!)
Take the time to explore some of the best towns in Tuscany
Things to do in Siena, Italy
Siena city is an absolutely fantastic destination and one that you simply can’t skip during your holidays in Tuscany. Here are a couple of suggestions for what to do in Siena, Italy:
- Take in the beauty of Piazza del Campo, the main square of Siena
- See the excellent works of art within the Siena National Gallery
- Pay a visit to the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
Things to do in Lucca, Italy
When you visit Lucca, you just have to learn more about the historic background of the area – and there are plenty of excellent landmarks that could help you to feel like you’ve taken a step back in time. Here are some ideas of what to do in Lucca, Italy:
- Take a leisurely stroll along the city walls
- Relax in the beauty of Acquedotto del Nottolini
- Visit a historical site like the Museum of Villa Mansi
Things to do in Florence, Italy
Florence is another one of those destinations with so much to do and barely enough time to see it all. If you’re a fan of the Italian renaissance, breathtaking architecture and stunning landmarks and views, this is the place for you. Here are 3 options on what to do in Florence, Italy:
- See Michelangelo’s David and much more at Galleria dell’Accademia
- Find some souvenirs at Piazza Santo Spirito
- Take a moment to see the whole of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo
Other considerations for those visiting Tuscany:
Do you need to find an Air B and B?
An AirBnB rental can often be a good choice for those searching for where to stay in Tuscany, although it’s worth noting that there are other options. In fact, rather than going through the hassle of getting in contact with AirBnB owners, you could come on one of our tours where your accommodation will already be taken care of; a traditional Masseria, renovated to offer all the comfort and modern amenities you need.
What are some non-touristy things to do in Tuscany?
Siena and Florence attractions are certainly beautiful, but you might also want to consider some options that are less typical for a tourist, too. Here are just a few things to do during your holiday in Tuscany:
- Want to visit some lesser-known Tuscany destinations? Check out the region’s archipelago
- Go to Serchio Valley and relax in the beauty of the countryside Tuscany has to offer
- Take a hike in the Apuan Alps (or any other natural areas of the region)
Pick the right time to go on holiday
Figuring out what to do in Tuscany is important, but don’t forget the climate throughout the year and how it can vary during the seasons. With this in mind, you might want to be a little mindful of the weather and how it might affect your plans.
Looking for a team of professionals to take care of your holiday?
For the best experience possible, you can rely on our team at Tours of Tuscany to help you out. We’ll take care of everything for you, so you won’t need to worry about what to do In Tuscany or where to stay. We’re here to give you the perfect holiday, so why not get in touch to find out more about what we could do for you?